We decided to take our camera with us this past Saturday, on one of our short walks around Estes Park. At the end of our street we looked out over the fun park, and all the visitors enjoying miniature golf, go carts, bumper boats, and the giant slide.
To the right of the fun park we saw many visitors were already enjoying cold beer, at the Estes Park Brewery.
As we walked past the fun park, we watched the gondola car as it climbed high over Estes Park. We then walked along Moraine, on our way to the river walk.
While we were mesmerized by the roaring river along the river walk, we noticed a festival at Bond Park. We saw a sign proclaiming today's festival as the "Scandinavian Festival". (Estes has lots of festivals during the summer and fall months!)
As we walked around the festival we observed Vikings and many individuals in bright Scandinavian dress. We sat down and watched a group of people dancing around a May Pole, and some Vikings stage an authentic sword fight! The scents from the freshly cooked Scandinavian food, along with the laughter around us, made for an enjoyable time. As we left Bond Park we saw somebody enjoying a bicycle ride through downtown. We decided to stop at the Performance Theatre on our way home, to see if anything was happening there.
We then remembered lately, most of the free concerts have been on Wednesday evenings. This was a typical walk, just a short distance from our house. You can expect to experience similar sights, smells, and sounds, when you stay with us at the Estes Park Bed and Breakfast.
Other Activities in Estes Park Include:
- Horseback Riding
- Carriage Rides
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Ride the aerial tram to the top of Prospect Mountain
- Attend the Estes Park Music Festival in July
- Go off-roading with the Jeep tours
- View the wonderful wildlife
- Go water rafting on the Poudre River just outside Ft. Collins, or on the Colorado River near Kremmling
- Listen to the elk bugle in the Park on a quiet fall evening
- Ride your bike around town or in Rocky Mountain National Park